Por Candy and Cake en |
1/2 cup coarsely crushed candy canes
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
15 large marshmallows
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1. Crush candy canes in a zip-top bag with a rolling pin or the bottom of a small saucepan.
2. In a large wide saucepan set over medium-high heat, stir milk with sugar until dissolved. Bring to a gentle boil; be careful because the mixture will bubble up high in the saucepan.
3. Reduce heat to low and vigorously stir in chocolate chips and marshmallows until evenly mixed and melted. Remove from heat and stir in butter, vanilla and 1⁄3 of the candy canes. Turn into an 8 in (2 L) square baking pan lined with foil. Smooth surface and sprinkle with remaining candy canes.
4. Refrigerate until set, at least 4 hours or preferably overnight. Cut into squares. To make ahead: Covered and refrigerated, fudge will keep well for at least 10 days.
5. Makes 16 large squares or 32 bites. (In one square: 218 calories)