Shamrock Shake


{image via Candy and Cake}

It was tradition when I was a child to go to the neighborhood McDonald's and get a Shamrock shake every St. Patrick's Day. A few years back they discontinued my favorite shake. Since then I have been making my own version.

Ingredients:
2 cups Vanilla Ice Cream
1/4 cup Low Fat Milk
1/4 tsp peppermint extract
Green food coloring

Directions:
In a blender combine milk, ice cream, extract and a few drops of food coloring. Blend to desired consistency. Pour into malt glass. Serve immediately and enjoy!

4 comments:

Amber said...
March 9, 2010 at 2:34 PM

I'll have to surprise my husband with one! He used to love getting these when we were in college and was bummed when they quit offering them.

Jennifer said...
March 9, 2010 at 7:03 PM

Hmmm, they've never stopped making them here (AZ) I wonder why they stopped where you are?

Candy and Cake said...
March 10, 2010 at 11:44 AM

I know, not sure why they stopped making the shamrock shakes here?

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails