Easter Egg Hunt

Last Sunday we threw an Easter Egg Hunt for the kids. It was such a blast to plan AND put together on party day! It is so touching to see the smiles on their little faces and even recieve a special thanks!









I used the TomKat Easter Printable Collection for all the labelling and used the drink flag printable from the collection to cover the chocolate bunnies.







I spotted this bunny cake online and knew I had to make one for the party. You can find the directions here. The bunny ears were made out of gumpaste and allowed them to dry a few days before the party.





The easter tree was made from branches we found on a field trip out in the country. The easter egg decorations were found at a local dollar store as were the bunnies, little wooden crate, the little birds and nest.







I made the sugar cookies and covered them with fondant. The 'egg nest' coconut macaroons were made from a recipe I found at No Fuss Fabulous.





12 comments:

Heather said...
March 30, 2010 at 5:55 AM

It's beautiful! You did a great job, and I'm sure the kids were thrilled!

Margaret said...
March 30, 2010 at 9:13 AM

adorable. :-) happy easter!

Margaret
--
http://cupcakeandcookie.typepad.com/

Korinne @ Swank Sweets said...
March 30, 2010 at 11:29 AM

Super cute! Peeps are my favorite! Happy Easter to you and your family...

Pinecone Camp said...
March 30, 2010 at 7:19 PM

Can I please come to your next Easter party! How cute are you?!
Sweet blog too, by the way.

Pretty Party Studio said...
March 31, 2010 at 12:41 PM

Thanks for the follow on Twitter! What a beautiful job you did! Good for you :)

Sandi said...
March 31, 2010 at 5:20 PM

your table is so cute!! I love the way the candy bar wrappers turned out!

Candy and Cake said...
April 1, 2010 at 12:32 PM

Thank you so much, everyone! Have a wonderful Easter! :)

Angela/Soap Mom's Kitchen /Vintage Soap Shoppe said...
April 1, 2010 at 7:06 PM

What a marvelous tablescape! I love it. You are so talented! Great ideas.

Alexis said...
April 1, 2010 at 7:37 PM

I love the bunny cake! What a sweet party..great job.

jackie fo said...
April 2, 2010 at 9:22 AM

This is fantastic! You did a wonderful job, just adorable. I will be reading!!

JDaniel4's Mom said...
April 3, 2010 at 12:12 PM

Your table looks awesome. I love the cake! Stopping by from SITS!

The Purple Pug said...
April 6, 2010 at 1:10 PM

Missed this post..This is GORGEOUS! Perfect presentation.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails